How to Select the Best California Dentist for Your Dental Implant Procedure
Are dental implants the best option for you moving forward? Are you searching for a California dentist who can help you? Do you want to ensure you get the best results but you’re not sure how? We’ve provided you with a simple guide to selecting the best dentist for your needs.
The best dentist should require an in-person consultation
The best provider won’t give you advice over the phone. Instead, they’ll have you come in for an in-person consultation. They’ll do a full exam and take x-rays. Why? Because the success of dental implants is determined on your specific situation, which can only be seen in person and through special dental implements. Be sure to ask for the consultation fee upfront. It may or may not be covered by your insurance.
Gives you and your questions the attention they deserve
Dental implants are a significant procedure and deciding to move forward is an important decision. Your dentist should give you in-depth and comprehensive information about the entire process. They should also ask if you have any questions and should address those questions head on. Are you not sure what questions to ask? Here are a few we get frequently at California Dental Group:
- How is the surgery performed?
- Can I wear my bridge or denture while I’m healing?
- How long does the procedure take?
- How long will it take before I’m fully healed?
- Will I need additional procedures like bone grafting?
Training and experience are important
It is essential that the dentist you choose is not just getting started in this field. They need training, skill, and experience that’s specific to dental implants. Once again, we’ll provide you with some questions that may serve you well as you consider your options:
- What type of dental implant system does your office use?
- Can I get authentication from the manufacturer that my implant is genuine?
- What surgical material are the implants created from?
- What’s your success rate?
What exactly does success mean?
No two cases are identical and what means success to you may not be the same as a successful procedure for another patient. Be sure you discuss with your dentist exactly what your expectations are. Ask them what they would consider a successful implantation.
Some other questions you might want to ask include:
- How do I take care of my implant at home? Does anything need to be replaced? If so, how often?
- Do you offer any type of guarantee on the implants? What are the requirements of the guarantee?
- How do I need to take care of my implant while I’m still healing?
- Is there a warranty for my dental crowns?
- What do I need to watch out for that might indicate there’s a problem? During what hours can I call if I have an issue?
- How bad will the pain be and what are your tips for managing it?
At California Dental Group, we are dedicated to helping you find the right solution for your dental needs. Call us today at (800) 407-0161 for your consultation.