Holistic Dentistry in Whittier CA
Explore the link between oral health and overall wellness with holistic dentistry in Whittier CA.
Webster’s defines holistic as concerned with “complete systems rather than with the analysis of, treatment of, or dissection into parts.” Therefore holistic dentistry in Whittier CA is a philosophical stance which recognizes that tooth and gum problems cannot be treated without regard for their impact on other systems in the body. Holistic dentists are acutely aware of research linking oral health to serious systemic diseases and conditions such as:
- Heart disease
- Premature birth
- Low birth weight
- Mercury poisoning from metal fillings
Core Services Included in Holistic Dentistry in Whittier CA
Just like traditional dentistry, holistic dentistry in Whittier CA offers solutions for tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss. The difference is that holistic dentists are more careful about the tools and techniques they use, always considering the potential impact of an oral treatment on the whole body. Some of the core services a holistic dentist would focus on include:
- Metal-Free Restorations: Holistic dentists never use potentially harmful metals like mercury, nickel, cadmium, or aluminum in patients’ fillings, crowns, bridges, braces, or dentures.
- Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings: Practitioners of holistic dentistry in Whittier CA don’t just avoid placing new silver amalgam fillings; they can also remove existing fillings and replace them with a safe white composite material. These composite fillings are more attractive as well as healthier.
- Exams: A routine dental exam is an important preventative service. While most dentists focus on finding cavities or oral cancer, a holistic dentist will also note symptoms like lesions, drymouth, brittle teeth, and other oral health issues that may be indicators of problems with your overall health.
- Cleanings: Excessive oral bacteria are the linking factor between poor oral health and many conditions like heart disease and diabetes. All dentists seek to control oral bacteria with routine cleanings; however while a traditional dentist is primarily focused on preventing tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss, a holistic dentist sees beyond these immediate consequences to the long-term, whole-body effect of poor oral health.
- Home Care: Some chemicals that are used in oral care products may have an unintended impact on the whole body. Your holistic dentist can recommend natural products that do not contain dubious or risky chemicals like fluoride, dyes, preservatives, and other additives.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you have questions about the connection between oral care and overall health, our experts in holistic dentistry in Whittier CA will be happy to educate you. Please contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Request an Appointment
Glendale609 S. Glendale Avenue
Glendale, CA 91205
(818) 574-3098 More Information
Los Angeles4701 Eagle Rock
Los Angeles, CA 90041
(323) 204-3120 More Information
Montrose2101 Broadview Dr.
Glendale, CA 91208
(818) 743-4080 More Information
North Hollywood10400 Magnolia Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818) 741-3954 More Information
Tustin13011 Newport Ave., Suite 205
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 316-0903 More Information
Upland930 W. Foothill Blvd., Suite D
Upland, CA 91786
(909) 939-8022 More Information
Whittier14322 Telegraph Rd., Suite A
Whittier, CA 90604
(562) 735-4992 More Information
Riverside1717 Third St
Riverside CA 92507
(951) 292-4488 More Information
San Bernardino1666 Medical Center Dr. Suite #3
San Bernardino, CA 92411
(909) 252-7330 More Information
South Gate5841 Firestone Blvd. Suite C
South Gate, CA 90280
(562) 352-8500 More Information