Holistic Dentistry in Upland CA
Explore the link between oral health and overall wellness with holistic dentistry in Upland CA.
It is often helpful to think of holistic dentistry in Upland CA as “wholistic” meaning having to do with the overall condition of the whole body. Holistic dentists are acutely aware of research linking oral health to serious systemic diseases and conditions such as:
- Heart disease
- Premature birth
- Low birth weight
- Mercury poisoning from metal fillings
Core Services Included in Holistic Dentistry in Upland CA
Just like traditional dentistry, holistic dentistry in Upland CA offers solutions for tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss. The difference is that holistic dentists are more careful about the tools and techniques they use, always considering the potential impact of an oral treatment on the whole body. Some of the core services a holistic dentist would focus on include:
- Metal-Free Restorations: One of the easiest ways to identify a holistic dentist is to check whether or not they use metals like nickel and mercury in their fillings, crowns, bridges, etc. Metal-free restorations are safer for the whole body because they remove the risk of poisoning from heavy metals.
- Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings: Practitioners of holistic dentistry in Upland CA don’t just avoid placing new silver amalgam fillings; they can also remove existing fillings and replace them with a safe white composite material. These composite fillings are more attractive as well as healthier.
- Exams: All dentists look for issues like tooth decay and oral cancer during routine exams. However, they may not be educated in the oral health indicators that may signal an issue with blood sugar, osteoporosis, or HIV infection. A holistic dentist would take special notice of these issues as part of their focus on the link between oral health and overall health.
- Cleanings: Excessive oral bacteria are the linking factor between poor oral health and many conditions like heart disease and diabetes. While all dentists recognize the value of dental cleanings in controlling oral bacteria, only holistic dentists really appreciate the benefit cleanings provide for the whole body. They can educate you on this topic to help motivate you to get your routine cleanings each year.
- Home Care: Holistic dentists seek to limit patients’ exposure to chemicals and additives that may have a potentially negative or simply unknown effect on the body. A holistic dentist can recommend natural toothpaste and mouthwash options that do not contain fluoride, alcohol, preservatives, and other unnecessary additives.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you would like to learn more about protecting your overall health with holistic dentistry in Upland CA, please contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Request an Appointment
Glendale609 S. Glendale Avenue
Glendale, CA 91205
(818) 574-3098 More Information
Los Angeles4701 Eagle Rock
Los Angeles, CA 90041
(323) 204-3120 More Information
Montrose2101 Broadview Dr.
Glendale, CA 91208
(818) 743-4080 More Information
North Hollywood10400 Magnolia Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818) 741-3954 More Information
Tustin13011 Newport Ave., Suite 205
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 316-0903 More Information
Upland930 W. Foothill Blvd., Suite D
Upland, CA 91786
(909) 939-8022 More Information
Whittier14322 Telegraph Rd., Suite A
Whittier, CA 90604
(562) 735-4992 More Information
Riverside1717 Third St
Riverside CA 92507
(951) 292-4488 More Information
San Bernardino1666 Medical Center Dr. Suite #3
San Bernardino, CA 92411
(909) 252-7330 More Information