Holistic Dentistry in Tustin CA
Explore the link between oral health and overall wellness with holistic dentistry in Tustin CA.
It is often helpful to think of holistic dentistry in Tustin CA as “wholistic” meaning having to do with the overall condition of the whole body. Holistic dentists are acutely aware of research linking oral health to serious systemic diseases and conditions such as:
- Heart disease
- Premature birth
- Low birth weight
- Mercury poisoning from metal fillings
Core Services Included in Holistic Dentistry in Tustin CA
Professionals who practice holistic dentistry in Tustin CA typically offer all the treatments you would expect from quality dentist. They are simply performing them from a different perspective, which may influence the techniques and materials that are used. Some of the core services a holistic dentist would focus on include:
- Metal-Free Restorations: All too often, patients end up with dangerous heavy metals in their systems due to the use of materials like mercury and nickel in restorations. Holistic dentists never use heavy metals, instead providing metal-free options for fillings, crowns, bridges, and more.
- Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings: Silver amalgam fillings may pose an active threat to your health if they contain dangerous heavy metals. Fortunately as an adherent of holistic dentistry in Tustin CA, California Dental Group can replace your old metal fillings with safe, attractive white composite ones.
- Exams: A routine dental exam is an important preventative service. While most dentists focus on finding cavities or oral cancer, a holistic dentist will also note symptoms like lesions, drymouth, brittle teeth, and other oral health issues that may be indicators of problems with your overall health.
- Cleanings: Oral bacteria don’t only cause tooth decay and gum disease. They can also affect other systems in the body. All dentists seek to control oral bacteria with routine cleanings; however while a traditional dentist is primarily focused on preventing tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss, a holistic dentist sees beyond these immediate consequences to the long-term, whole-body effect of poor oral health.
- Home Care: Some chemicals that are used in oral care products may have an unintended impact on the whole body. A holistic dentist can recommend natural toothpaste and mouthwash options that do not contain fluoride, alcohol, preservatives, and other unnecessary additives.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you would like to learn more about protecting your overall health with holistic dentistry in Tustin CA, please contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Request an Appointment
Glendale609 S. Glendale Avenue
Glendale, CA 91205
(818) 574-3098 More Information
Los Angeles4701 Eagle Rock
Los Angeles, CA 90041
(323) 204-3120 More Information
Montrose2101 Broadview Dr.
Glendale, CA 91208
(818) 743-4080 More Information
North Hollywood10400 Magnolia Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818) 741-3954 More Information
Tustin13011 Newport Ave., Suite 205
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 316-0903 More Information
Upland930 W. Foothill Blvd., Suite D
Upland, CA 91786
(909) 939-8022 More Information
Whittier14322 Telegraph Rd., Suite A
Whittier, CA 90604
(562) 735-4992 More Information
Riverside1717 Third St
Riverside CA 92507
(951) 292-4488 More Information
San Bernardino1666 Medical Center Dr. Suite #3
San Bernardino, CA 92411
(909) 252-7330 More Information