Holistic Dentistry in North Hollywood CA
Explore the link between oral health and overall wellness with holistic dentistry in North Hollywood CA.
Webster’s defines holistic as concerned with “complete systems rather than with the analysis of, treatment of, or dissection into parts.” Therefore holistic dentistry in North Hollywood CA is a philosophical stance which recognizes that tooth and gum problems cannot be treated without regard for their impact on other systems in the body. Dentists who take this approach are very careful to educate patients on the link between oral health and various diseases and conditions, including:
- Heart disease
- Premature birth
- Low birth weight
- Mercury poisoning from metal fillings
Core Services Included in Holistic Dentistry in North Hollywood CA
Just like traditional dentistry, holistic dentistry in North Hollywood CA offers solutions for tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss. The difference is that holistic dentists are more careful about the tools and techniques they use, always considering the potential impact of an oral treatment on the whole body. Some of the core services a holistic dentist would focus on include:
- Metal-Free Restorations: Holistic dentists never use potentially harmful metals like mercury, nickel, cadmium, or aluminum in patients’ fillings, crowns, bridges, braces, or dentures.
- Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings: Practitioners of holistic dentistry in North Hollywood CA don’t just avoid placing new silver amalgam fillings; they can also remove existing fillings and replace them with a safe white composite material. These composite fillings are more attractive as well as healthier.
- Exams: All dentists look for issues like tooth decay and oral cancer during routine exams. However, they may not be educated in the oral health indicators that may signal an issue with blood sugar, osteoporosis, or HIV infection. A holistic dentist would take special notice of these issues as part of their focus on the link between oral health and overall health.
- Cleanings: Oral bacteria don’t only cause tooth decay and gum disease. They can also affect other systems in the body. A holistic dentist knows this, and the desire to protect the whole body from the health risks presented by oral infections is a key part of their motivation in providing professional dental cleanings.
- Home Care: Some chemicals that are used in oral care products may have an unintended impact on the whole body. Your holistic dentist can recommend natural products that do not contain dubious or risky chemicals like fluoride, dyes, preservatives, and other additives.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Our experts in holistic dentistry in North Hollywood CA are ready and waiting to share their philosophy with you and help protect your overall health. Please contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Request an Appointment
Glendale609 S. Glendale Avenue
Glendale, CA 91205
(818) 574-3098 More Information
Los Angeles4701 Eagle Rock
Los Angeles, CA 90041
(323) 204-3120 More Information
Montrose2101 Broadview Dr.
Glendale, CA 91208
(818) 743-4080 More Information
North Hollywood10400 Magnolia Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818) 741-3954 More Information
Tustin13011 Newport Ave., Suite 205
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 316-0903 More Information
Upland930 W. Foothill Blvd., Suite D
Upland, CA 91786
(909) 939-8022 More Information
Whittier14322 Telegraph Rd., Suite A
Whittier, CA 90604
(562) 735-4992 More Information
Riverside1717 Third St
Riverside CA 92507
(951) 292-4488 More Information
San Bernardino1666 Medical Center Dr. Suite #3
San Bernardino, CA 92411
(909) 252-7330 More Information