Holistic Dentistry in Glendale CA
Explore the link between oral health and overall wellness with holistic dentistry in Glendale CA.
In holistic dentistry in Glendale CA, dentists go beyond taking excellent care of teeth and gums. They also consider how dental treatments affect the entire body. Dentists who take this approach are very careful to educate patients on the link between oral health and various diseases and conditions, including:
- Heart disease
- Premature birth
- Low birth weight
- Mercury poisoning from metal fillings
Core Services Included in Holistic Dentistry in Glendale CA
Just like traditional dentistry, holistic dentistry in Glendale CA offers solutions for tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss. The difference is that holistic dentists are more careful about the tools and techniques they use, always considering the potential impact of an oral treatment on the whole body. Some of the core services a holistic dentist would focus on include:
- Metal-Free Restorations: One of the easiest ways to identify a holistic dentist is to check whether or not they use metals like nickel and mercury in their fillings, crowns, bridges, etc. Metal-free restorations are safer for the whole body because they remove the risk of poisoning from heavy metals.
- Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings: Silver amalgam fillings may pose an active threat to your health if they contain dangerous heavy metals. Fortunately as an adherent of holistic dentistry in Glendale CA, California Dental Group can replace your old metal fillings with safe, attractive white composite ones.
- Exams: A routine dental exam is an important preventative service. While most dentists focus on finding cavities or oral cancer, a holistic dentist will also note symptoms like lesions, drymouth, brittle teeth, and other oral health issues that may be indicators of problems with your overall health.
- Cleanings: Oral bacteria don’t only cause tooth decay and gum disease. They can also affect other systems in the body. A holistic dentist knows this, and the desire to protect the whole body from the health risks presented by oral infections is a key part of their motivation in providing professional dental cleanings.
- Home Care: Some chemicals that are used in oral care products may have an unintended impact on the whole body. A holistic dentist can recommend natural toothpaste and mouthwash options that do not contain fluoride, alcohol, preservatives, and other unnecessary additives.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you would like to learn more about protecting your overall health with holistic dentistry in Glendale CA, please contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Request an Appointment
Glendale609 S. Glendale Avenue
Glendale, CA 91205
(818) 574-3098 More Information
Los Angeles4701 Eagle Rock
Los Angeles, CA 90041
(323) 204-3120 More Information
Montrose2101 Broadview Dr.
Glendale, CA 91208
(818) 743-4080 More Information
North Hollywood10400 Magnolia Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818) 741-3954 More Information
Tustin13011 Newport Ave., Suite 205
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 316-0903 More Information
Upland930 W. Foothill Blvd., Suite D
Upland, CA 91786
(909) 939-8022 More Information
Whittier14322 Telegraph Rd., Suite A
Whittier, CA 90604
(562) 735-4992 More Information
Riverside1717 Third St
Riverside CA 92507
(951) 292-4488 More Information
San Bernardino1666 Medical Center Dr. Suite #3
San Bernardino, CA 92411
(909) 252-7330 More Information
South Gate5841 Firestone Blvd. Suite C
South Gate, CA 90280
(562) 352-8500 More Information