Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings in Eagle Rock CA
Come to California Dental Group for safe removal of amalgam fillings in Eagle Rock CA.
Silver amalgam fillings are about 50 percent mercury. Though some experts disagree, the FDA says that the mercury in these fillings does not emit enough mercury vapor to present a health risk. What all scientific experts agree on is that drilling out amalgam fillings carries a risk for increased mercury exposure in the form of mercury vapor and particulates. Therefore, safe removal of amalgam fillings in Eagle Rock CA is essential.
Protocols for Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings in Eagle Rock CA
No filling will last forever, so eventually you will need to get safe removal of amalgam fillings in Eagle Rock CA. We utilize the following protocols to minimize patient and staff exposure to mercury vapor:
- Use of a rubber dam to keep particulates out of the patient’s mouth
- Removing the filling in large pieces to minimize the need for grinding
- Keeping the filling cool with a water spray to reduce vapor release
- Removing vapor and particulates with suction
- Covering skin to prevent contact with spattered particles
- Safe disposal of hazardous mercury waste
Replacing your Amalgam Fillings
Following our safe removal of amalgam fillings in Eagle Rock CA, you will naturally have to choose some means of filling the void left behind in the tooth. You can rely on the experts at California Dental Group to provide the facts you need to make an informed choice among your options. For extremely decayed teeth, you may need to have a crown placed. But for smaller cavities, you can choose between a silver filling and a white composite one. Silver fillings are stronger and less expensive, but they are also very obvious when you laugh or smile. White composite fillings can be colored to match your natural tooth enamel for a very subtle look. Either way you can rest assured that you will receive a high-quality restoration placed as comfortably as possible from our expert dentists.
Do You Have Questions About Your Fillings?
Do you suspect you’ve broken a filling? Have you developed sores around a metal filling? You need to get your metal filling replaced ASAP. Schedule an appointment with California Dental Group right away to get a professional opinion regarding your treatment options.
Request an Appointment
Glendale609 S. Glendale Avenue
Glendale, CA 91205
(818) 574-3098 More Information
Los Angeles4701 Eagle Rock
Los Angeles, CA 90041
(323) 204-3120 More Information
Montrose2101 Broadview Dr.
Glendale, CA 91208
(818) 743-4080 More Information
North Hollywood10400 Magnolia Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818) 741-3954 More Information
Tustin13011 Newport Ave., Suite 205
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 316-0903 More Information
Upland930 W. Foothill Blvd., Suite D
Upland, CA 91786
(909) 939-8022 More Information
Whittier14322 Telegraph Rd., Suite A
Whittier, CA 90604
(562) 735-4992 More Information
Riverside1717 Third St
Riverside CA 92507
(951) 292-4488 More Information
San Bernardino1666 Medical Center Dr. Suite #3
San Bernardino, CA 92411
(909) 252-7330 More Information