Holistic Dentistry in Eagle Rock CA
Explore the link between oral health and overall wellness with holistic dentistry in Eagle Rock CA.
Webster’s defines holistic as concerned with “complete systems rather than with the analysis of, treatment of, or dissection into parts.” Therefore holistic dentistry in Eagle Rock CA is a philosophical stance which recognizes that tooth and gum problems cannot be treated without regard for their impact on other systems in the body. Dentists who take this approach are very careful to educate patients on the link between oral health and various diseases and conditions, including:
- Heart disease
- Premature birth
- Low birth weight
- Mercury poisoning from metal fillings
Core Services Included in Holistic Dentistry in Eagle Rock CA
Professionals who practice holistic dentistry in Eagle Rock CA typically offer all the treatments you would expect from quality dentist. They are simply performing them from a different perspective, which may influence the techniques and materials that are used. Some of the core services a holistic dentist would focus on include:
- Metal-Free Restorations: All too often, patients end up with dangerous heavy metals in their systems due to the use of materials like mercury and nickel in restorations. Holistic dentists never use heavy metals, instead providing metal-free options for fillings, crowns, bridges, and more.
- Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings: Silver amalgam fillings may pose an active threat to your health if they contain dangerous heavy metals. Fortunately as an adherent of holistic dentistry in Eagle Rock CA, California Dental Group can replace your old metal fillings with safe, attractive white composite ones.
- Exams: Visiting a holistic dentist for your routine exams can have a significant benefit, as holistic dentists are better equipped to detect oral health issues that may be linked to larger health problems. For example, if you are prediabetic, your holistic dentist might notice a severe gum disease infection that could signal a progression of your diabetes and then advise you to get your blood sugar tested.
- Cleanings: Excessive oral bacteria are the linking factor between poor oral health and many conditions like heart disease and diabetes. While all dentists recognize the value of dental cleanings in controlling oral bacteria, only holistic dentists really appreciate the benefit cleanings provide for the whole body. They can educate you on this topic to help motivate you to get your routine cleanings each year.
- Home Care: Some chemicals that are used in oral care products may have an unintended impact on the whole body. Your holistic dentist can recommend natural products that do not contain dubious or risky chemicals like fluoride, dyes, preservatives, and other additives.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you would like to learn more about protecting your overall health with holistic dentistry in Eagle Rock CA, please contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Request an Appointment
Glendale609 S. Glendale Avenue
Glendale, CA 91205
(818) 574-3098 More Information
Los Angeles4701 Eagle Rock
Los Angeles, CA 90041
(323) 204-3120 More Information
Montrose2101 Broadview Dr.
Glendale, CA 91208
(818) 743-4080 More Information
North Hollywood10400 Magnolia Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818) 741-3954 More Information
Tustin13011 Newport Ave., Suite 205
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 316-0903 More Information
Upland930 W. Foothill Blvd., Suite D
Upland, CA 91786
(909) 939-8022 More Information
Whittier14322 Telegraph Rd., Suite A
Whittier, CA 90604
(562) 735-4992 More Information
Riverside1717 Third St
Riverside CA 92507
(951) 292-4488 More Information
San Bernardino1666 Medical Center Dr. Suite #3
San Bernardino, CA 92411
(909) 252-7330 More Information