Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings in Upland CA
Come to California Dental Group for safe removal of amalgam fillings in Upland CA.
Although the FDA has approved silver amalgam fillings for use in treating cavities, some experts believe the material is unsafe because it can emit small amounts of mercury vapor over time. What all scientific experts agree on is that drilling out amalgam fillings carries a risk for increased mercury exposure in the form of mercury vapor and particulates. Therefore, safe removal of amalgam fillings in Upland CA is essential.
Protocols for Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings in Upland CA
No filling will last forever, so eventually you will need to get safe removal of amalgam fillings in Upland CA. We follow the latest industry protocols to protect our patients, such as:
- Use of a rubber dam to keep particulates out of the patient’s mouth
- Removing the filling in large pieces to minimize the need for grinding
- Keeping the filling cool with a water spray to reduce vapor release
- Removing vapor and particulates with suction
- Covering skin to prevent contact with spattered particles
- Safe disposal of hazardous mercury waste
Replacing your Amalgam Fillings
After safe removal of amalgam fillings in Upland CA, you will need to have some sort of new restoration applied to the tooth to protect it from further decay and discomfort. At California Dental Group, we will help you weigh your options. If you were happy with the durability and cost of your old silver filling, you may choose this material again. If you found the amalgam filling unattractive or experienced any kind of metal allergy or sensitivity, you will want to choose a white composite filling. Composite fillings are completely metal-free and also provide a more attractive solution than a silver filling. No matter which option you choose, California Dental Group will strive to ensure you are totally comfortable throughout the procedure and fully satisfied with the result.
Do You Have Questions About Your Fillings?
If you are experiencing pain around a tooth with a metal filling or if you have noticed a black ring forming around your filling, these are likely signs that you need to have your filling replaced. Schedule an appointment with California Dental Group right away to get a professional opinion regarding your treatment options.
Request an Appointment
Glendale609 S. Glendale Avenue
Glendale, CA 91205
(818) 574-3098 More Information
Los Angeles4701 Eagle Rock
Los Angeles, CA 90041
(323) 204-3120 More Information
Montrose2101 Broadview Dr.
Glendale, CA 91208
(818) 743-4080 More Information
North Hollywood10400 Magnolia Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818) 741-3954 More Information
Tustin13011 Newport Ave., Suite 205
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 316-0903 More Information
Upland930 W. Foothill Blvd., Suite D
Upland, CA 91786
(909) 939-8022 More Information
Whittier14322 Telegraph Rd., Suite A
Whittier, CA 90604
(562) 735-4992 More Information
Riverside1717 Third St
Riverside CA 92507
(951) 292-4488 More Information
San Bernardino1666 Medical Center Dr. Suite #3
San Bernardino, CA 92411
(909) 252-7330 More Information
South Gate5841 Firestone Blvd. Suite C
South Gate, CA 90280
(562) 352-8500 More Information